The Lord Mayor’s Student Welcome is a special event that recognises and celebrates students’ contributions to the cultural life and diversity of the City (including nearly 33,000 international students who live and study in Melbourne’s central city).
In 2017, City of Melbourne will merge its long-standing Lord Mayor’s Student Welcome event with Asia Topa ‘Asia Pop Fest’ on Friday 24 March 2017, 5pm to 10pm at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. This event will feature stalls from community organisations, gaming, fashion, interactive technology and an amazing line-up of artists from the Asia region.
City of Melbourne is looking for 80 volunteers to help out at this event. There will be a range of tasks for all personality-types and interests. Volunteers will be required from 3pm to 7.30pm and are welcome to watch the concert after that,.
If you are interested, you must be available for the following sessions:
Tuesday 21 March 2017 *compulsory
5.30pm to 8.00pm
Venue: To be confirmed
Friday 24 March 2017 * compulsory
Asia Pop Fest x Lord Mayor’s Student Welcome (event day)
3.00pm to 7.30pm
Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Kings Domain Gardens, 21 Linlithgow Ave, Melbourne VIC 3000
Role of Volunteers:
- Welcoming and greeting students to the event
- Assisting students with directions and any queries about the event
- Distributing material related to the event and other related collateral
- Surveying students about their experience at the event
- Facilitating games and activities with students
- Assisting stallholders with setting up and packing down
Want to apply now?
Follow this link: